APPLICATION PROCESS FOR MEMBERSHIP TO THE JAMAICA OLYMPIC ASSOCIATION
1. A letter of application for membership.
2. Evidence of legal incorporation of the Federation/Association (i.e. Certificate of Registration or Document of Incorporation).
3. The Federation’s Constitution.
4. A minimum three-year strategic development plan detailing how the Federation/Association plans to establish and increase representation at a competitive level as well as support for the sport locally and in the Diaspora.
5. The Minutes of the Federation’s/Association’s meeting in which the resolution was passed endorsing application to the JOA for membership as well as appointment of Bankers, Accountants, Attorneys-at-Law. Names of Board of Directors, President, General Secretary and other Administrators where applicable along with contact information such as office and mobile telephone numbers, email addresses, website/webpage.
The submitted documentation will be reviewed by the Chief Executive Officer and President and an interview date scheduled with representatives of the Federation/Association. The JOA interview panel will consist of the President, selected members of the Board and the CEO.
Following the interview, if the panel finds the documentation and interview satisfactory,a letter of approval with effective date of membership is prepared and sent to the applicant.
6. A certificate of membership is later prepared and an induction ceremony scheduled.
UPDATES – The relevant confirmation documents are prepared and updates are sent to the prospective Member(s) through the Member Relations Management.